It Support Coordinator
About the role
The IT support coordinator provides expertise in procuring, installing and maintaining computer hardware and software systems across multiple sites to enable the organisation to carry out its objectives. Building capacity through training and upskilling colleagues, as well as operating a help desk function, this role is critical is enabling our direct delivery staff to implement the projects.
- Maintaining key stakeholder relationships; attending meetings in person and online
- Assisting the team in infrastructure, hardware support, software support and telephones
- Supporting the IT Manager in the purchase of ICT equipment in accordance with organizational purchasing guidelines
- Troubleshooting system and network issues
- Ensuring annual anti-virus software up dates are installed
- Maintaining mobile phone and fixed line accounts and raising problems with providers
- Installing, maintaining and repairing printers and photocopiers
- Assisting with daily maintenance and updating of servers
- Maintaining the live chat helpline infrastructure
- Monitoring data protection regulations and providing staff training
- Assisting staff with online survey creation and data analysis
- Maintaining SharePoint intranet
- Setting up user accounts and profiles for new staff and volunteers
- Conducting electrical safety checks on IT equipment
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year experience in a similar role
- Able to multi-task working on several open cases at a time
- Persistence to keep going until an issue is resolved
- Skilled listener, able to understand colleagues queries and identify appropriate course of action
- Applying a logical approach to work
- Practical skills; confident to take on repair work
- Full clean driving licence
- IT qualification, for example short courses by Microsoft, Cisco, Oracle or IBM.
- Safe lifting and manual handling training
Salary range for IT support coordinator, depending on qualifications and experience £17,000 - £26,000.
Overtime may need to be worked at short notice on evenings and weekends.