About the role
On a day-to-day basis the Finance Officer supports the work of the wider NGO team by providing accounting, clerical and administrative services. The role ensures that accounting and financial information related to the organisation is maintained and accurate at all times and correct finance procedures are followed.
- Administering invoice approval and payment processes
- Operating expense claim procedures and payments
- Arranging bank transfers for salary payments
- Reconciling donations received online via standing order or direct debits
- Maintaining cash controls and purchasing - facilitating access to cash where needed by Project Managers
- Supporting the Senior Finance Officer in reviewing relevant policies
- Inputting all financial data using online software
- Banking cash and cheques received
- Support senior staff in budget preparation and monitoring
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 years’ experience in a finance position
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent numeracy skills
- High level IT skills, including finance packages
- Ability to work to strict deadlines for financial reporting
- Team player; able to communicate finance information clearly to non-finance colleagues
- A commitment to our mission to tackle poverty and injustice
- Relevant finance qualification
- Experience of working with accounting systems
- Strong organisational skills
Salary range for Finance Officer based at Head Office, depending on qualifications and experience £20,000 - £30,000.
Occasional trips to international field sites may be required.