The campaigning officer supports the Campaign Manager in designing, delivering and evaluating bi-annual campaigns to raise awareness and call for policy change on the issue of homelessness.
- Keeping up to date with current government housing policy
- Maintaining a database of government ministers and MPs involved in housing debates
- Drafting campaign materials; both print resources and online
- Maintaining a CRM database of campaign volunteers
- Liaising with other NGOs and community based organisations working on homelessness to ensure joined up work and avoid duplication
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of 2 campaigns every year
- Liaise with the marketing team to organise a print and social media campaign marketing plan
- Responding to queries from supporters and volunteer campaigners by telephone and email
- Assisting the Campaign Manager to deliver training for colleagues
Skills and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level
- A minimum of 12 months’ experience in a similar position for a campaigning NGO
- An understanding of policy debates around housing
- Ability to write persuasive and engaging copy, communicating the key call to action clearly
- Project management experience to apply to the campaign cycle
- A commitment to our mission to fight for safe housing for everyone
- Experience of arranging mass lobby events
- Experience of facilitating MP meetings with volunteers
Salary range for Campaigns Officer working from home, depending on qualifications and experience £20,000 - £29,000.
There may be occasional travel to Westminster for meetings or lobby events.