About the role
The Country Director provides vision and strategy for the multi national team, inspiring everyone to achieve the mission of xxx. Representing the organisation in all issues relating to the country programme, the Country Director plays a key role in donor relations and the project implementation in conjunction with senior field managers.
- Top-level budget monitoring - ensure all activities in the programme are within the approved budget and taking corrective action where necessary
- Analyse political developments, humanitarian needs and emerging trends in the country of operation
- Narrative and financial reporting to donors and to global headquarters.
- Leading on decision making and contingency planning during security incidents or threats
- Formulating the 3 year country strategy in light of the economic, political and humanitarian situation
- Liaising with head offices, local partners, NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, government authorities
- Issuing policy recommendations in collaboration with specialist staff and advisers
- Responsible for the appropriate management of all resources in a transparent manner
- Ensure all programme activities and support functions comply with applicable national and international laws
Skills and Qualifications
- University degree in Political Science, Development Studies, Business Administration or a Technical field.
- Second language skills, ideally French or Arabic
- Ability to deal with stressful situations
- Extensive leadership and general management experience at a senior level
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain good relationships with stakeholders
- Budgetary and financial management experience
- Cross-cultural management experience
- Experience of working in a multi-functional or disciplinary team
Salary will depend on experience and country location as well as benefits package: accommodation, transport and health insurance.
Regular travel to the Nairobi headquarters will be required for training and reporting