Human Resources (HR) Manager
About this role
The HR Manager is one of the NGO jobs that provides up to date advice to the senior team in support of our volunteers and employees in terms of recruitment, performance management and learning and development as well as equipping and enabling field offices to ensure HR legal and regulatory compliance.
- Providing day to day oversight and support to the People Team
- Providing coaching and guidance to increase capacity and confidence
- Advising on HR procedures and policies including absence, grievance procedures, disciplinary matters and occupational health issues
- Advising on all recruitment procedures, interviewer training, and preparation of advertisements, job descriptions, person specifications, interview questions / exercises and contracts
- Supporting managers in performance management: training and development, pay and reward policies, appraisal procedures
- Ensuring the diversity and inclusion policies are embedded in people practices
- Management of employee relations cases
- Ensuring that all records are kept accurately, securely and in line with GDPR regulations
Skills and Qualifications
- Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) qualified and 3+ years relevant professional experience
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office and database management)
- A sound understanding of employment law
- Committed to continuous professional development of self and other
- Collaborative worker, able to work closely with leadership teams
- Cultural change management experience
Salary range for HR Manager, depending on qualifications and experience £42,000 - £47,000.
Occasional travel to international office to deliver training may be required.