Job Description / Responsibility Administrator for Home Health Agency
Live your best life possible by helping others live theirs. At ComForCare, we like to celebrate successes and have fun all while building meaningful relationships.
Join our team and be a part of a certifiedGreat Place To Work and one of the2021 Best Workplaces for Millennials .
The Administrator will work closely with the Agency Owner to assist with the planning, development and direction of the Agency's services. This Agency is in the process of obtaining a Home Health license. The Agency will be offering Home Health Aides services for personal and companion care services. Status: Contingent What you'll be doing:
What we're looking for:
- Responsible for assisting with the day to day operations of the Agency.
- Identifies and implements the organizational structure.
- Assigns a qualified, pre-designated person, authorized in writing by the Administrator and the governing body, to assume the same responsibilities and obligations as the Administrator in their absence.
- Is available, or ensures availability of pre-designated person, during all operating hours.
- Oversees and is responsible for the provision and coordination of client services.
- Maintains communication between the governing body and staff.
- Ensures the Agency employs qualified personnel in accordance with job descriptions, including assuring the development of personnel qualifications and policies.
- Directs and coordinates the overall development and administration of the Agency consistent with the Agency's mission and available resources, and with the involvement of the Agency staff.
- Provides leadership in the development of strategic long-range plans.
- Provides direction in formulating the programs and policies, job descriptions and ensure they are available to all personnel.
- Identifies the legislative, community, and third-party payer issues that impact Agency development plans.
- Assures compliance with federal/state regulations governing home care services.
- Maintains ongoing liaison between the Governing Body and the Agency staff.
- Assures the accuracy of public information materials and promotional activities.
- Providing leadership in developing and maintaining data collection, recording, and reporting systems to ensure proper service, uniform accounting, data collection and measurement of outcomes.
- Oversees, or designates the oversight of the Agency's Quality Assurance Performance Improvement Program.
- Participates in establishing and maintaining public relations and marketing programs that increase the public's understanding of home care, fosters relationships with other members of the health care community, and contributes to agency growth.
- Reports progress and makes recommendations to the Governing body for future growth of all home care services and products.
- Ensures development of relationships and contractual agreements with third party payers, other vendors, and the business community. Assures compliance with contracts/agreements.
- Participates in the hiring, orientation, and development of management staff and staff; development of systems that support recruitment, hiring and the ongoing professional development of staff including scheduled inservice education programs and continuing education.
- Maintains appropriate personnel and administrative records.
- Develops an annual operating budget with input from all divisions/department and implements an effective budgeting and accounting system.
- Prepares accurate, complete financial reports in accordance with Agency policies. Manages financial resources according to budget and revenue projects.
- Ensures the completion, maintenance, and submission of reports and records as required by the Department.
- Supervises any Agency branch offices and documents these visits for Agency records.
- Other related duties as assigned
- Is a licensed physician, a registered nurse, or holds an undergraduate degree; and
- Has training and experience in health service administration with at least one (1) year of supervisory or administrative experience in home health care or related health program
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the regulatory requirements at the state, federal, and local level
- Knowledge of business management
Your safety is our top priority. We provide COVID-19 training and personal protective equipment (PPE) to all employees.
Compensation: $28.00 - $32.00 per hour Live your best life possible while helping others live theirs.
Our Caregivers are the heart and soul of what we do. For that reason, we put our CaregiversFirst each and every day.
At ComForCare, it is our CaregiverFirst promise, that our caregivers will be:
- Treated with respect and dignity.
- Provided exceptional training on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Are never alone in the field - support is always available.
- Thoughtfully matched with clients that they are compatible with.
Join our team and be a part of a certified Great Place To Work ! Thousands of ComForCare employees were surveyed and the response was overwhelmingly positive, with 90% agreeing that ComForCare is in fact a Great Place To Work .By selecting the positions below, you acknowledge that you are applying for employment with an independently owned and operated ComForCare franchisee, a separate company and employer from ComForCare and any of its affiliates or subsidiaries. You understand that each independent franchisee is solely responsible for all decisions relating to employment including (and without limitation to) hiring and termination, and ComForCare does not accept, review or store my application. Any questions about your application or the hiring process must be directed to the locally owned and operated ComForCare franchisee. Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran.
Address : Unknown.