Job Description / Responsibility
Thanks for your interest in Children's Mercy!
Do you envision finding a meaningful role with an inclusive and compassionate team? At Children's Mercy, we believe in making a difference in the lives of all children and shining a light of hope to the patients and families we serve. Our employees make the difference, which is why we have been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as a top pediatric hospital, for eleven consecutive years.
Children's Mercy is in the heart of Kansas City - a metro abounding in cultural experiences, vibrant communities and thriving businesses. This is where our patients and families live, work and play. This is a community that has embraced our hospital and we strive to say thanks by giving back. As a leader in children's health, we engage in meaningful programs and partnerships throughout the region so that we can improve the lives of children beyond the walls of our hospital.
Key leader responsible for administration, financial management, and compliance for the Division of Critical Care in the Department of Pediatrics. In conjunction with the Division Director and Clinical Leadership, responsible for the strategic business and management of finances, personnel and resources to ensure that goals are met in a timely and effective manner. As part of a triad leadership team, collaborate to oversee and manage the day to day administration and operations of the division's clinical, educational and research programs. Collaborate with the Senior Department Administrator, Directors, and Managers. Responsible for maintaining an environment conducive to peak performance in all areas of operation.
At Children's Mercy, we are committed to ensuring that everyone feels welcomed within our walls. A successful candidate for this position will join us as we strive to create a workplace that reflects the community we serve, as well as our core values of kindness, curiosity, inclusion, team and integrity.
Additionally, it's important to us that we remain transparent with all potential job candidates. Because we value the safety of the patients and families we serve, as well as the Children's Mercy staff, we want to let you know that the seasonal influenza and COVID-19 vaccines are a condition of employment for all employees in our organization. New employees must be willing to be vaccinated if found non-immune to measles, mumps, rubella (MMR) and chicken pox (varicella) and/or without evidence of tetanus, diphtheria, acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccination since 2005. If you become a finalist for this position, and have any concerns about receiving these vaccines, medical and/or religious exemptions can be further discussed with Human Resources.
* Partner with Division Director(s) and provide strategic planning and business development recommendations for the division.
* Identifies opportunities for improved performance and financial return for their respective division. Responsible for leading the preparation of market, financial and operational analyses and business plans in collaboration with the Division Director, physician leaders and clinical partners. This includes analyses to strategically allocate resources across the enterprise in support of the organization's strategic and financial goals and responsibility for the division's fiscal operations.
* Working collaboratively with clinical leadership, provides leadership, strategic direction, and vision for their respective division and service lines including facilitating regular touch point meetings with departmental, and divisional leadership to ensure consistent and open communication.
* Responsible for regularly monitoring of and reporting on division performance, in collaboration with division leadership, to the Department and to Hospital leadership, and for developing appropriate responses to identified issues.
* Responsible for the management of the day to day operations of the administrative, academic and research activities for the division.
* Prepares and administers the division's operational and capital budgets with the appropriate organizational directors (e.g. Ambulatory Directors) with input from the Division Director, Medical Administration, Principal Investigators, and Departmental leadership.
* Direct division operations and allocate people, material, and financial resources to ensure operational efficiency.
* Identify opportunities to maximize professional billing revenue. Work with divisional leadership to assure associated changes in practice are adopted in a timely manner.
* Other job functions as assigned.
* Master's Degree Business, Administration, Healthcare or related field and 7-9 years related management experience.
* 5-7 years' experience in an Academic Medical setting is preferred.
Our pay ranges are market competitive. The pay range for this job begins at $45.71/hr, but your offer will be determined based on your education and experience.
Remote Work/Work from Home
This position is not eligible work remotely, which means that the person hired will be required to work onsite at one of our Children's Mercy locations and may not work from home.
Children's Mercy hires individuals based on their job skills, expertise and ability to maintain professional relationships with fellow employees, patients, parents and visitors. A personal interview, formal education and training, previous work experience, references and a criminal background investigation all are factors used to select the best candidates. The hospital does not discriminate against prospective or current employees based on the race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, creed, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry or veteran status. A drug screen will be performed upon hire. Children's Mercy is smoke and tobacco free.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
CM is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. Our patients and families come from all walks of life, and so do we. We know that our greatest strengths come from the people who make up our team so we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our hospital stronger and our patient care more compassionate.
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for service, you will find a home at CM. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring, including education, ideas, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, age, languages spoken, veteran status, color, religion, disability and beliefs.
Address : Unknown.