Job Description / Responsibility
ABOUT MARINHEALTH a UCSF Affiliate
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth! Ranked in the top 3% of general hospitals in the country, we have made great strides since returning to our roots as an independent hospital. As Marin County's only acute hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential health care services, it is our mission-and our passion-to excel in every medical specialty. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: the resources and medical sophistication of an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital. We have an exceptionally collaborative team that adheres to the highest service excellence standards to ensure that we deliver world-class, personalized care to patients. Our Joint-Commission accredited hospital has won numerous awards and certifications in delivering best-in-class health care in the San Francisco Bay Area.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth.
External hires are subject to a background check and pre-employment medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
MarinHealth Medical Center Foundation Administrative Assistant reports to the Chief Development Officer and provides administrative support to the Foundation's philanthropic services including events, capital campaign, stewardship, planned giving, annual and corporate fundraising activities in a fast paced environment. MarinHealth Medical Center Foundation's mission is to inspire philanthropy for the benefit of MarinHealth Medical Center. The Foundation has over 1,000 donors including individuals, physicians, employees of the hospital and corporations. The Foundation Administrative Assistant will serve as an essential partner to the entire Foundation team and their goals. The Foundation Administrative Assistant assists with gift acknowledgment letters, special event details, database management, mailings, prospect research, editing and phone follow-up etc. Performs routine and comprehensive secretarial duties and may frequently perform complex and responsible secretarial and administrative functions under general or minimal supervision. Incumbents at this level often exercise independent judgment in the performance of the duties, and may be considered a resource for other clerical and secretarial staff.
* High school diploma, GED, or equivalent preferred.
* Completion of two years of Community College or business school is preferred, and may substitute for one year of the required experience below.
* Administrative Assistant: A minimum of three years progressively-responsible secretarial or administrative assistant experience, preferably in a health care setting, which included significant experience with computer software, preferably in a windows environment and at an intermediate to advanced skill level, with such applications as word processing, spreadsheets, tables, graphs, and database management.
* Administrative Assistant II: A minimum of five years as an Administrative Assistant at MarinHealth Medical Center with an excellent performance record preferred.
* Development/Fundraising experience desired.
* Proven analytical, database, and reporting skills
* Relational database/donor management software experience desired. Knowledge of Raiser's Edge database a plus
* Proficiency with MS Outlook, Excel, Word
* Strong attention to detail and follow-through, including proofreading and editing
* Strong communication and customer service skills
* Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
* Ability to work with or without supervision
* Capable of prioritizing, organizing and managing multiple projects
* Ability to maintain strict confidentiality and discretion as needed
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* The following are the job functions performed by employees in this classification. Not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each individual in the classification. Employees may perform other related duties at an equivalent level.
* Composes and prepares memoranda, correspondence, charts, graphs, tables manuals, flyers, reports, and various forms either from rough draft, brief instructions, and/or own gathered and researched data. Accurately proofreads and edits drafts and final copies of material by adhering to established formats, policies, and procedures
* Receives, handles, screens and transfers phone calls and greets departmental visitors in a prompt and courteous manner. Provides routine and non-routine assistance, guidance, and direction according to departmental and hospital policies. Directs complex, urgent, or sensitive issues to supervisor
* Appropriately maintains and efficiently handles confidential information such as supervisor's staff personnel files, employee time and pay records, and patient-related information
* Arranges meetings and conferences; schedules appointments; may maintain supervisor's personal calendar. Coordinates hospital meetings, conferences, and classes, which include composing, developing, and distributing program agenda and materials, setting up and reserving conference rooms, scheduling catering, and notifying attendees
* May take and transcribe minutes at departmental or hospital-related meetings
* Opens, sorts, and routes mail to appropriate individual(s). Handles standard or routine material by responding independently in writing or by telephone
* Maintains, enters and retrieves data from data management programs, which may include demographic data input and/or routine to complex report retrieval. Acts as liaison with the Information Services Department to facilitate resolution of information systems problems or issues
* May assist supervisor with establishing and maintaining systems to monitor budgetary, financial, or statistical information
* Maintains and orders supplies as necessary and within budgetary constraints
* Designs, implements, and streamlines office procedures
* Provides administrative support for the Foundation's philanthropic activities
* Enters and maintains data for invitation lists and reporting
* Updates and maintains donor database records, prospect management and gift acknowledgment letters as needed.
* Assists with special events and sponsorship mailings
* Produce reports as requested for internal and external audiences
* Maintain cross-functional working relationships with all members of the Foundation team
* Manage and facilitate special projects, as assigned
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth requires employees to receive all required immunizations, including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine + booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for limited and specific situations.
Address : Unknown.