Job Description / Responsibility
How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Reporting to the Vice President of Philanthropy Operations, the Director of Foundation Finance is responsible for all accounting, finance and audit duties for Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation and its affiliated foundations. This position collaborates closely with the Foundation team, site finance leaders and network finance leaders to prepare and manage budgets; monitor and analyze department finances; ensure accurate and timely revenue and expense reporting and reconciliation; manage fund transfers from the Foundation; and work with auditors as needed.
This position will be hybrid, working remotely and on-site in Edison, NJ.
A day in the life of a the Director of Foundation Finance at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
* Manages all accounting, finance and audit activities for the Hackensack Meridian Health Foundation and its seven affiliates, with regular collaboration and coordination with network Finance leaders, Medical Center site controllers, and development leadership.
* Oversees the Foundation Finance department, including supervising Accounting Coordinators. Sets annual goals for department and monitors progress.
* Oversees the financial operations of the auxiliaries gift and thrift shops.
* Reviews and approves Foundation bank statements, bank wires and ACH deposits and other necessary documentation on a weekly basis before data entry.
* Oversees the use and integrity of bank scanners and credit card machines.
* Develops the annual transfer budgets and manages the fund transfer process for the release of temporarily restricted and unrestricted funds in collaboration with network Finance, site controllers, and development leaders.
* Develops yearly revenue and expense budgets in collaboration with Foundation Team and network Finance. Prepares budgets of revenue, expenses, spreads and hospital transfers in Axiom. Reviews and prepares budgets with site controllers for presentation to each Foundations Board of Trustees.
* Reconciles Foundations monthly revenue within a three-business day period and sends to Finance for review and preparation of financials. Oversees preparation and distribution of monthly revenue reports to Foundation Executive team. Reviews and maintains Foundation net asset reports on a monthly basis.
* Reviews all expenditures for the Foundations, processes through AP and approves for payment. Oversees preparation of monthly expense reports for all Foundation departments showing expenses and balances for all accounts. Maintains efficient files on all Foundation financials and expenditures.
* Organizes and maintains efficient operational procedures for clear accounting and policy development and implementation.
* Oversees foundation payroll activities in MyWay Peoplesoft for all Foundation team members. Maintains and approves timesheets and PTO for all Foundation team members. Reviews and approves team member expenses through ExpensAbles.
* Maintains knowledge of tax law changes, Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) guidelines, and other state and federal requirements.
* Adheres to HMH Organizational competencies and standards of behavior.
* Other duties and/or projects as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
* Associates degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
* Seven or more years of experience in nonprofit finance and accounting.
* Highly functional with Microsoft Office Suite, Raisers Edge and accounting software.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
* Experience working with PeopleSoft and Axiom.
* Experience in a development (fundraising) department in a healthcare setting.
* Bachelors level degree or equivalent in a related discipline.
If you feel that the above description speaks directly to your strengths and capabilities, then please apply today!
Address : Unknown.